Privacy & Cookies
Here you will find the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the Lost Adventures’ website.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration.
We understand that providing information online involves a significant trust on your part. We value your trust and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us.
Lost Adventures ApS is committed to be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
The data controller is Lost Adventures ApS (referred to as “we”, “us”or “our” in this policy).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, booking reference number and information about your access to our website.
We collect data from you when you use our website, make a reservation, sign up to our newsletter or in general contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information
- Full name, e-mail address, date of birth and nationality will be collected from the forms on the website.
- Additional information such as: Address, phone number, medical condition, dietary requirements, criminal record, copy of passport, travel insurance etc. will be collected by completing the booking form which will be e-mailed to the customer after the reservation has been confirmed.
- Travel history, including information related to past services booked with us
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, calls, and social media
Personal details about your physical or mental health, alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences are considered “sensitive” personal data under applicable data protection laws. We will process any such data only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR, WHY AND FOR HOW LONG?
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your trip.
- Contacting you in the event of a trip time change or cancellation: we send you communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us and to personalise the services we offer to you
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions and products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can enter into our contract with you.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation (e.g. Immigration or customs requirements);
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses);
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. in case of a medical emergency);
Only people aged 18 or over can provide their own consent. For people under this age, consent of the persons parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
All payments are made externally through a bank transfer via your banks secure online payment portal.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports in your itinerary or to which your flight may fly over for compliance with legal requirements.
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Third party suppliers of services pursuant to your contract with us in order to fulfil our contract.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically usable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically usable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
HOW TO CONTACT US